Thursday, April 7, 2011

Outlook 2010 Flag Status Column Can't Be Moved

Problem :

I added Flag Status as a column to my Inbox view (compact view). When I try to arrange the Flag Status column to be one of the first columns instead of the last column, I am able to move it up the order in the view settings column order dialog box, but when I exit the dialog, Flag Status stays as the last column on the right. Other columns can be moved and the column order takes effect immediately upon exiting the view settings dialog box.


Solution :

There is a second Flag header, the Follow-up Flag, that you can use that is placeable. If, in the view you enable the "Quick Flag" (on the "Other Settings" button of the Customize View wizard), the Flag Status column will become unmovable at the right end of the column header. If you disable that setting, the Flag Status column will be movable. Now, I'm doing this in Outlook 2003 at the moment because I don't have access to my Outlook 2007 or 2010 systems, but it should work similarly.

No comments:

Post a Comment