Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fix Office 2010 Installation Problem osetup.dll

Problem :

While trying to install Office 2010 Pro I receive the following error immediately after running setup.exe "OSETUP.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present". I have done several internet searches and see this problem has been around since Office 2007.


Solution :

I had the same issues are reported above. I re-downloaded the ISO image from Microsoft licensing website and indeed the official ISO and its OSETUP.DLL was extracted without the Digital signature check and the installation cannot go further. Either from the ISO onto DVD or extracted to a folder(using ISO Extract tool), same issue.

To fix it, I had to search on my local computer for an existing OSETUP.DLL. I had one from Office 2007 setup. I found many versions on my computer in cache folders or installed version or temp files. Possibly some of them might do the job.

I had installed the temporary Certificate from Microsoft. Now, funny enough, each OSETUP.DLL file I check is "Signed". Would it be linked to a missed file association/version check that fails without the certificate installed (valid until march 2011)?



No comments:

Post a Comment