Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fix Outlook Will Not Maximize Error

Problem :

A few weeks ago my Outlook would not maximize. I tried a lot of things but no success. I reinstalled the PC, Win 7 and Office 2010.

Now suddenly I can not maximize Outlook again. The program is running. I can right click the taskbar icon and choose "New E-mail message" and send a mail. I can click the systray baloon when receiving a mail and open the mail.

But the main program windows will not open.

I can start outlook in safemode (outlook /safe). I have removed all add ins, but it doesn't do any difference.


Solution :


Check if it is set to run minimized:

1. Click Start > All Program Files > Microsoft Office

2. Locate Microsoft Outlook, right click it and choose Properties.

3. In the open box, click Shortcut tab. After Run, check if minimized if selected. If it is selected, select maximized.

4. Click OK to save the changes.

5. Start Outlook from Start > All Program Files > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Outlook again.

No comments:

Post a Comment